A speed run bearly made

It was a Tuesday, like any other Tuesday. Except we had a Zul'Aman speed run planned. About 30 min after the planned start time we can finally get started. Everyone gets buffed up, flasked up and eat some food. We bang the gong! kill the first waves of trolls. We rushed up to the Gauntlet! A great battle commenced... and then we wiped even before the first boss. Okay maybe not this week.

So yesterday we came back to the troll city of Zul'Aman, we slightly altered the setup adding another shaman for a 3rd Bloodlust. So we buffed up again, banged the gong killed the first waves of trolls and headed to the Gauntlet! After 3 minutes and much more controlled run through the Gauntlet we approached the first boss, with Sairud dying of course. As we walked up the stairs you heard Nitewalker say on Teamspeak “We gotta be faster guys!". A few minutes later Akil'zon bit the dust. Every one mounted up and rushed towards Nalorakk, the Bear Avatar. He didn’t offer a whole lot of resistance and got killed quiet quickly. Only thing that is actually worth noting is that Svettleif' taunts didn’t get resisted for once and Nitewalker didn’t end up tanking both phases.
After that we went off to the Dragonhawk Avatar, Jan'alai. This part of the run can cost you the most time if you do it wrong, one scout can easily mean a minute of extra on the trash. But we went through it perfectly. Every scout got spotted and killed well before they reached the dreaded drums. The boss itself was no real problem with a protection paladin and three Fire Elementals (ow and a mage but let’s focus on the real classes here). After Jan'alai died we had 16 minutes left on the clock, which should be plenty of time to get to and kill Halazzi, the Lynx Avatar. So we started on the trash. First few packs where no problem then suddenly two crocs went for our shadow priest Mycharson. We rezzed him moved to the next pack of hidden lynxes but for some reason they found Phaedre drinking more threatening than Svett Consecrating so they went for Phae instead, killed him in two hits. While we where rezzing the next pack was pulled and the rez got interrupted and we had to do another pack without our beloved mana biscuit maker. We saw the counter going down and down. Teamspeak got pretty heated with phrases like "Pull faster" the only one who was able to remain calm was little old me. In the last pull before the boss Mootae died and with only 4 minutes on the clock it was really getting exciting. You could feel the tension in the air. People wanted to go on but we had to rez him. With half the raid at 75% mana we engaged the boss. Now the entire run we have had a bloodlust rotation of Darigaaz -> Sairud -> Getspmak. But Sairud couldn’t control it any longer and he had to pop his! Only problem is that it was about at the same time I did mine losing one bloodlust so close to failing. We focused and tried burning down the boss as fast as we could. With the clock on one minute we were still burning down the last split phase. About now sweat began to drip from everywhere. Timer running out, Halazzi's health dropping. Which one would zero first! Then we went down a great roar went over Teamspeak. I immediately rescued the little gnome from his cage. About 10 seconds later I hear Nitewalker saying "Euhm we didn't make it? I don't see the gnome anywhere" followed by me opening the sack with the bear.

They all decided to let me have the first mount that dropped, thanks allot guys!

I would like to really thank everyone who was there for this run: Nitewalker, Svettleif, Thorny, Lvazquez, Getspmak, Mootae, Mycharson, Phaedre and Sairud, hell even Yozhno for being there last week.
Some special thanks to Thorny for helping out with the group setups.